Monday, February 8, 2010

Expansion Needed

It's exciting to think I may need to expand sooner than I thought. With the beginning of each new session more students are enrolling and I receive more inquiries. It seems the word on the streets these days is "The Sewing School". My sweet "little women" are shouting praises from the rooftops. I'm so blessed to be the hot topic in this neck of the woods. I have students, parents, teachers and those who wish they had girls singing praises for my renewing an interest in an age old craft which has skipped a couple of generations.

Boys are also welcome to learn to sew...in the north, boys learn to sew; here, not so much...it must be a Southern thing!!! However, I have a neighbor friend who said he learned to sew from his grandmother...he sews all the time. His wife doesn't know how to sew! I thought his story was so cute! My three brothers sew! My youngest brother is a skilled craftsman, has been making leather purses, wallets and shoes for many years. In 1938, my dad hand sewed my sister's first little dress out of fabric from the Olympia Cotton Mills. How sweet is that?

At this late date in my life I never dreamed something so wonderful as The Sewing School would come from an art I learned many years ago. I can simply say this is wonderful and I love it! I truly thank everyone for their love and support!

Come, join us. We have so much fun at The Sewing School!!
Any day spent sewing is a good day!

Ms. Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment