Monday, February 15, 2010

You want us to do what, Ms. Cathy?

I somewhat introduced my Level II Thursday class to embroidery. I was a bit jaded with my efforts and I think the students were too. The concept flew right over their heads and for the first time I lost their attention.
I spent most of the evening fretting over my failed attempt to teach them to the idea of making stitches in tiny little squares printed on fabric. I'm not sure any of them grasped the concept. This was a huge leap of faith!
Embroidery is a bit more in depth and tedious than the little shapes they're accustomed to sewing. So, I went back to the drawing board and devised a more clear and precise technique for teaching embroidery. I'm confident my idea will hold their attention long enough for them to grasp the concept. I know they will love it once they get it!!!

Come, join us, we have so much fun at The Sewing School!!!
"any day spent sewing is a good day"
Ms. Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment